Come and be a part of something bigger.
Screen Printing Press Operator
12ozCollective has a rare opening for an especially well qualified Press Operator to join the 12oz Crew. Quality execution and attention to detail are core components of who we are and what we do. Don’t tell us how you’re qualified, show us why you deserve to get down.
We are seeking a full-time Press Operator at our Whitefish Montana facility. This person will be responsible for operating automated printing presses, improving cost efficiencies, reducing the probability of error to achieve client satisfaction, and creating a safe and hazard-free work environment. The Press Operator will excel at troubleshooting, work well under pressure within tight deadlines, and fully understand the importance of quality standards.
Our intention as a facility is to change the way quality is discussed and executed. We are looking for someone that is comfortable working and experimenting on the cutting edge of screen-printing and garment production – extending beyond what’s on press to consider how materials, process, and design can be improved to deliver next-level product.
- Minimum of 3 years experience running auto-based screen printing equipment. Familiarity with ROQ equipment is a plus.
- Set up and print spot color and simulated process jobs up to 16 colors.
- Expertise in CMYK and simulated process screen printing, as well as a general understanding of manual separations.
- Equally proficient with all ink types including plastisol, water-based, discharge, and other specialty inks and processes.
- Proficient with screen printing on a full array of fabric and garment types including cotton, poly/tri-blends, and synthetics, as well as tees, sweatshirts, jackets and athletic gear.
- Screen making using retensionable roller frames/panels and extensive familiarity with the nuance of selecting proper mesh count and dialing in EOM appropriate to the specifics of the artwork and application.
- Regular press and related equipment maintenance, as well as basic press troubleshooting as required.
- Work with the Production Manager to advise upon and ensure daily assigned production schedule.
- Follow order ticket and job board to verify the quantity, garment color, sizes, imprint locations, ink colors, imprint size to be printed.
- Assist in determining the best production materials/expendables/equipment and processes to achieve the best possible results.
- Confirm gas dryer for proper drying temperature for perfect cures.
- Capable of running print jobs while maintaining optimum production rate, without compromising quality.
- Experienced enough to assist the Production Manager and other crew members in expediently resolving production issues and keep runs on track.
- Ensures proper cleanliness of press, workstation, and immediate press area.
- Ability to effectively manage a team with varying levels of experience and contribute to the growth and learning of those you work with.
- Experience with multi-head embroidery equipment, materials and operations is a big plus.