Come and be a part of something bigger.
Senior Production Manager
12ozCollective has a rare opening for an especially well qualified Senior Production Manager to join the 12oz Crew. Quality execution and attention to detail are core components of who we are and what we do. Don’t tell us how you’re qualified, show us why you deserve to get down.
We are seeking a full-time Screen Print & Embroidery Production Manager at our Whitefish Montana facility. This person will be assist in leading the research and development of new processes and techniques, exploring and testing new equipment and technologies, as well as responsible for leading a diverse team of individuals from prepress to press operators; quality control to fulfillment and all the roles in between. Among the expected duties are working with internal staff on file engineering, assisting in the successful operation and maintenance of laser to screen (LTS) systems, automated printing presses and digital systems, embroidery, auto reclaim and auto folding and packaging equipment, while working to help us realize the goal of executing at the absolute highest levels. The successful Production Manager will have an exceptional attention to detail, excel at troubleshooting, work well under pressure and within deadlines, and fully understand the importance of quality standards, while remaining mindful to the consequences of inefficiencies.
Our intention as a facility is to change the way quality is discussed and executed. We are looking for someone that is comfortable working and experimenting on the cutting edge of screen-printing and garment production – extending beyond what’s on press to consider how materials, process, and design can be evolved to deliver next-level product.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in screen printing.
- Minimum of 5 years experience running auto-based screen printing equipment. Familiarity with ROQ equipment is a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years experience running embroidery equipment. Familiarity with Barudan equipment is a plus.
- Experience with all aspects of running a successful screen print and embroidery shop including prepress and file engineering, manual color seperations, Laser to Screen (LTS) systems, and exceptional print and embroidery production. Experience with B2B fulfillment logistics is a plus.
- Equally proficient with all ink types including plastisol, water-based, discharge, and other specialty inks and processes. Familiarity with the MagnaColours ink system is a plus.
- Familiarity with screen making using retensionable roller frames/panels and extensive familiarity with the nuance of selecting proper mesh count and dialing in EOM appropriate to the specifics of the artwork and application.
- Experience with Laser to Screen (LTS) imaging systems is a plus.
- Offset print production and preproduction experience, particularly in regards to advanced file engineering, custom color profiles and tone curves, as well as conventional and unconventional lines screens starts the salary conversation on an entirely higher level.
- Strong communication, leadership and management skills: Superior decision making, troubleshooting, negotiating, influencing and interpersonal skills are absolutely required.
- Work with internal and external team members on the research and development of new preproduction and production processes and techniques, as well as explore and pressure test new materials, equipment and technologies.
- Coordinate and manage both preproduction and production staff, as well as advise upon and ensure daily / weekly assigned production schedule.
- Ensure staff and company resources are being effectively applied towards the successful running, completion and fulfillment of print and embroidery jobs while maintaining optimum production rate and with an uncompromising approach to quality.
- Effectively manage staff with varying levels of experience, and contribute to the overall learning, growth and success of staff including instruct and leading team members in determining the best production materials, expendables, equipment and processes to achieve the most successful results.
- Manages staff to insure the proper cleanliness and maintenance of all equipment and production environment.
- Asisst as needed with the vetting and recruitment of new team members as needed.