Come and be a part of something bigger.
Technical Apparel Designer
12ozProphet / 12ozCollective has a rare opening for an Apparel Designer to join the 12oz Crew. Authenticity and ambition are core components of who we are and what we do. Don’t tell us how you’re qualified, show us why you deserve to get down.
Apparel Designers at 12ozProphet will have the opportunity to lead the design of sportswear, outerwear, and tactical garments from sketch to production. Our vision for apparel includes a focus on technical innovation that marries form and function. Our belief is that superior quality of material, design, and production is essential to creating products capable of setting a new standard of execution. This is a perfect role for someone with experience working at blue-chip brands to design and build an apparel program from the ground up.
Qualified Crew members are genuinely enthusiastic, creative candidates that don’t shut off their creative thinking and drive M – F at 6:00 PM. We’re looking for candidates that dream about having the opportunity to put their dent in the universe and excited about the possibility of leveraging our platform, reputation, and resources to that end.
- Ability to conceptualize, influence, and create the overall category design and creative direction strategy.
- Able to Identify new product opportunities through market research and sales analysis. As well as predict seasonal market trends in construction details and silhouettes.
- Capable of understanding a vision or idea and creating a functional prototype, translating it into a tech pack, and ultimately bulk production.
- Design a given number of products per season as well as managing carryovers for assigned collections.
- A pro-active role through entire product design process: research, design concept presentation, illustrations, fit and fabric/trim/print direction, development of specification pack, and critique of sales samples.
- Collaboration with Design Director and other team members to achieve ‘state of the art’ opportunities for product innovation.
- Possess a strong understanding of fit and patterning, technical fabrics, and a strong eye for color.
- Create tech packs with detailed specifications for production.
- Experience working and communicating directly with manufacturing partners to ensure the accuracy of produced designs.
- Propose design ideas based on seasonal assignments with regard to fabrication, style definition, functional features, fit requirements, and design details.
- Provide sketches and line art to communicate design concepts, including multiple views and detail sketches as necessary
- Knowledge of printing techniques and an understanding of how graphics will translate onto a printable garment is a plus.
If you think you’ve got what it takes, please provide your portfolio, cover letter, CV and expected salary.
This position is based in Whitefish, Montana. Priority will be given to on site applicants, but we are also reviewing remote candidate submissions.
Personal data collected is for recruitment purpose only.